Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Holiday Gift from Alaska
Last year I status matched my way from AAdvantage Platinum to MVP Gold with Alaska Airlines. While I haven’t had as much use for the status as I had thought, one of the nice things I have appreciated is the way they treat elites. Last year around the holiday season they offered a gift to MVP Gold members and it seems like they are doing the same this year.
I hadn’t expected to receive an offer since my MVP Gold status expires on December 31, but alas the email came today. Just like last year I could choose the following options:
My choice this year was the same as last. I ultimately chose to take the guest upgrades. I get Board Room access with Priority Pass and between Flexperks and my Amex Business Platinum, I have plenty of Gogo passes. The upgrades will be great since I will no longer receive complimentary upgrades after December 31.
Here are the terms of the various gifts.
MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are valid on Alaska Airlines flight numbers 1 – 999 and 3300-3499.
- Flights must be marketed and ticketed by Alaska Airlines
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are booked into “U” class of service and are subject to availability as “U” class may not be available on all flights.
- “U” class must be available at the time of the request, as MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades may not utilize the upgrade waitlist.
- Tickets purchased in G, R, or T class of service are not eligible for MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades.
- Each MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade code is valid for one-way travel for one person.
- Connecting flights must have no more than a 4 hour stopover between them.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades may not be used as a placeholder for a Complimentary Upgrade by an Elite Level member. Once an MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade has been processed, you may not remove it in order to be placed on the upgrade request queue, upgrade waitlist, or receive a Complimentary Upgrade based on Elite Level.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are not available when traveling on an award ticket, including the Money & Miles Award.
- MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are transferable but may not be bartered, bought, or sold.
- If a flight upgraded with an MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade is changed or canceled, the upgrade is forfeited. A replacement Guest Upgrade code can be requested through Customer Care only by the MVP® Gold to whom it was originally issued.
Board Room Day Pass
Day Pass policies:
- No guests are permitted with a Day Pass.
- Day Pass must be used in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel, but such travel may be on any airline.
- The use of a Day Pass may be inhibited during unspecified periods due to irregular operating conditions.
Day Passes are valid at any of the following Alaska Airlines Board Room locations:
- Anchorage International Airport (ANC)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Gogo® Internet Flight Pass
Flight Pass policies:
- Each code is valid for a single flight pass on Alaska Airlines flights 1 – 999.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Codes will not be replaced.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Codes have no cash value.
To redeem a Gogo Flight Pass:
- When in the air, connect to the gogoinflight Wi-Fi network and launch your browser.
- Choose the “Flight Pass” option, select “Buy” and log in.
- On the Payment Info page, enter your code and select “Apply Code”.
It is nice to see Alaska continue their stellar treatment of elites. While I was surprised that they are giving this same gift to outgoing elites, I’m glad to take the upgrades and they definitely will make me consider flying Alaska for upcoming flights where I can use them!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.