Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
New American Express Business Platinum Card Bonus, 75K After $20K Spend
The 100,000 sign up offer for the American Express Business Platinum card ended yesterday, and Amex has now replaced it with another offer, which is now the standard. The new offer will give you a total of 75,000 MR points.
Here’s the new standard offer on the American Express Business Platinum card. As a reminder, you can only get the bonus if you have never had this card before.
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card, within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
The Value of this Offer
Here’s the highlights of this offer
- $75,000 points worth $1,125 to $1,500
- $400 in travel incidental credits in the first cardmember year
- Global Entry fee credit if you don’t have it yet
- Lounge access including Centurion, Delta SkyClub (when flying Delta) and Priority Pass
- 50% rebate back when paying with points on your Preferred airline
- 1.5X earnings on large purchases
- 2x earning when you book through American Express Travel website
- Hilton HHonors Gold
- SPG & Marriott Gold
The annual fee you pay is $450, but given the value of the points and the travel credits, I think this offer is worth $1,200+ after factoring in your fee. Still, here are some things to consider:
- You may already have a better Priority Pass membership from the Sapphire Reserve or Citi Prestige.
- You may already have Global Entry or a Global Entry credit with another card.
- Amex has been tough on some people who meet minimum spend with certain spending techniques. $15,000 is a lot of spend.
- There’s a 150K offer for this card, but it was highly targeted. 100K offers are a bit more common
75,000 are a lot of points, but it’s not as good as the offer that just ended yesterday. Considering that you can only get these offers once per lifetime, you should probably wait for better ones, unless you need points right away. The offer also has a high spending requirement, a total of $20,000 in 3 months to receive the full bonus. That will give you 95,000 MR points once you complete the spending, or even more if you are able to do $5K purchases or book travel through the Amex Travel website.
If you can’t manage that kind of spending in three months, or if you prefer cash instead, American Express also has an offer for $400 cash back as statement credits on the Amex SimplyCash Plus card. It has a spending requirement of $15,000 within the first year ($5,000 for the first $200 and $10,000 for the other $200). Again this is not the best offer we’ve seen. A $500 offer just expired yesterday and there was also targeted offers for $1,000 when the card first came out (I doubt we’ll see those again).
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.