Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Amex Business Platinum 5X Airfare Offer
American Express is sending out a new targeted offer for holders of their Business Platinum card. Greg the Frequent Miler received the offer in an email, however I was able to check their site and find that my card was eligible as well. Let’s take a look.
American Express is sending out a targeted offer to Business Platinum cardholders for 5X earnings on airfare.
For a limited time, earn 5X points (that’s 4 additional points per dollar) for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel using your enrolled Card. There’s no limit to the additional points you can earn with this offer.
- Limited Time Offer: You must enroll your eligible Business Platinum Card® at americanexpress.com/5xair to start earning 5X Membership Rewards® points per dollar (that’s 4 additional points per dollar) for airfare on a scheduled flight charged directly with passenger airlines or through American Express Travel through 03/29/2017.
- You will not get the extra points associated with this offer if American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer.
- Limit one offer per Card account. Offer may not be combined with any other special offer.
- Membership Rewards points for this offer are credited to the Basic Card Member only. All points on these transactions will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 6-8 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement.
- Charter flights, private jet flights, flights that are part of vacation packages, tours, or cruises, and flights booked with Platinum Travel Service on airlines that do not accept American Express are excluded.
- Qualifying purchases do not include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
How to Load
To see if you are eligible for this offer, go to americanexpress.com/5xair and login. If your card is eligible you will be able to enroll it in the offer. Despite not having received the email, I was able to check on the site and verify that my Business Platinum card is eligible. I don’t have a lot of upcoming air purchases, but 5X is hard to argue with.
This is a great deal and it certainly warrants a quick check to see if your Amex Business Platinum card is eligible for the increased earnings. If I have airfare to book directly or even taxes/fees on an award I’ll consider paying with my Business Platinum card to maximize my earnings.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.