Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
10% Off on Gas & Gift Cards
American Express has released a new Amex Offer for use at gas stations. This offer seems to be highly targeted, but has great potential if you get it. Let’s take a look.
Get 10% back as a statement credit every time you use your enrolled Card to make eligible purchases at U.S. gas station locations by September 30, 2016, on up to $250 in total eligible purchases.
- Offer valid for purchases at gas station locations in the U.S.
- An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at U.S. gas station locations by 9/30/16, on up to $250 in total purchases, excluding: online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- For purposes of this offer, “gas station” means a merchant that is in the primary business of selling gasoline to consumers.
- Gas stations may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: Superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
- Offer is limited to a total of $25 in statement credits per American Express® online account.
How to Load the Offer
This offer seems to be highly targeted. For example, I was not able to find it on any of my family’s numerous cards, but others have had more luck. Since it is targeted, the offer can only be loaded via the American Express website and cannot be loaded via Twitter or other social media.
How to Maximize
Since this offer pays 10% back on up to $250 in purchases, the best way to maximize would be to find $250 to spend. In addition to gas, most gas stations sell a variety of merchant gift cards and some sell Visa gift cards. Since Visas are harder to come by (especially when paying with a credit card), I would personally look for eBay or other gift cards you can use.
Note that the language allows for multiple purchases, so there is no need to spend the entire $250 at once, meaning it might make sense to use it for gas and then to top it off with gift cards.
This is yet another decent offer, although it is targeted. If you are lucky enough to have it, then try to find a gas station that sells gift cards. For many brands like eBay, a 10% discount is good and if you can find a store that sells Visas with a credit card, you may be able to make a few bucks as well! Were you targeted? Let us know in the comments!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.