Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Amex Offers Office Depot / Officemax Moneymaker
Note: To receive deals like this the moment they are posted, subscribe to Miles to Memories Quick Deals. Quick deals are great limited time deals sent directly to your inbox when they are posted so you don’t miss out on anything! To subscribe click here.
Amex Offers has come out with a great new promotion that is good in-store at Officemax & Office Depot and online at officedepot.com. The promotion gives a $10 credit with any purchase of $50 or more before 12/31/2014
This promotion doesn’t seem to be targeted. You should be able to load it to your American Express cards on your online account. Cards like Serve, Bluebird and third party Amex cards can be loaded by syncing the card to a Twitter account and tweeting #AmexOfficeDepot.
How to Maximize
I’m sure anytime you see an office supply store deal at this point it makes your mind spin. Here are a few ways to maximize the promotion.
- Sync to all of your cards and buy merchant gift cards in $50 increments. Doing this will result in a 20% discount at your favorite merchant.
- If you have an upcoming purchase at Office Depot/Officemax then you can buy their gift cards and enjoy a 20% discount.
- Buy Visa/MC gift cards and make a profit
- Possible way to maximize is split a transaction between Amex & Ink.
- You can buy a $200 gift card at Officemax for a $6.95 fee. If you split the payment and put $50 on your Amex and the rest on your Chase Ink card, you will make, $3.05 + rewards on $50 spend on Amex card + 785 Ultimate Rewards points.
- If you can use this deal across multiple Amex cards, it works out to be a decent profit.
- You can also try to split the payment across four Amex cards and make a $33.05 profit.
As far as I know, Officemax still allows the purchase of Visa/MC gift cards with credit cards. I believe Office Depot has blocked their purchase however. Since the companies have officially merged, the policy may have changed in the two months since I have purchased gift cards at Officemax. If you have recent experiences, please let me know in the comments.
While I won’t bore you with all of the terms (see image above), the deal basically excludes online print services and electronic gift cards. The terms are pretty favorable with this one since it can be used at either store or online.
This is yet another great Amex Offer! Similar to last year, American Express is coming out with a series of decent offers. This particular one can be a moneymaker and even earn you some free (not including time) Ultimate Rewards points. Happy shopping!