Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Creating Multiple Twitter Accounts & A Killer New Offer
I have to admit that I sometimes get lazy. For example, as shameful as it is to admit, I have held off on auto-syncing my American Express cards with services like Offersbot and SyncAssist. (Offersbot has now shutdown unfortunately.)
Recently though I expanded my American Express universe with a few new cards including subaccounts on a Bluebird and Serve card that I have. This meant that I had 7 cards that needed some Amex Offers love and today was the day I finally decided to do it.
The reason I made the leap today after being lazy for so long is a new offer that came out last night. The offer is giving a $25 credit with a $50 or more purchase at warehouse grocery chain Smart & Final. Better yet, the offer can be used 3 times per card. Yippee!
If I have done my math right, by syncing those 7 new cards and loading the Smart & Final offer, I am opening up the ability to purchase $1,050 worth of items for $525. Add in my family’s other 11 American Express cards and we suddenly can
make save some serious money.
Loading the Smart & Final Offer
I was able to find this offer on all of my regular American Express cards via the “Offers for You” tab on the American Express website. For prepaid cards like the Bluebird/Serve, I was able to sync the offer by tweeting out #AmexSmartFinal. You can find the full offer terms here.
What to Buy
I haven’t been in a Smart & Final store for quite some time, but I am hoping they sell gift cards. (It certainly seems like they do.) Being able to purchase gift cards for half price will be a nice opportunity if it is possible. If not, I still think 50% off groceries is a pretty darn good deal.
Signing up for Multiple Twitter Account for Auto Sync
Now that I have told you why I signed up for the accounts, here is the brief how. I think it is definitely worth the small time investment to be able to maximize offers later. Currently I have only done this for Bluebird/Serve cards, but I know some people link all of their regular American Express cards as well.
- Sign-up for Twitter account in new incognito/private window.
- I suggest using the same username for all cards, but just adding the last four digits of the card number. For example if I want to use the name Apple and my card ends in 5656 then the Twitter name would be Apple5656.
- Go to this page to link the card with my new Twitter account in same incognito/private session.
- Go to SyncAssist to add the Twitter account and authorize their app. (You can add one Twitter account for free or pay $15 per year for access to all of the site’s tools.)
- Tweet the hashtag for the offer you want to load since SyncAssist may not do it right away on a newly linked card. For example I manually tweeted #AmexSmartFinal today from all new accounts.
- Tune email notification settings to your liking.
- Close window and repeat for each new card.
So it took me less than an hour to finally get around to linking all of these cards and thanks to SyncAssist future offers will automatically be loaded to them. I am certainly glad I finally took this step, but I wish I had done it before the Amex Lowe’s offer from a couple of months ago.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.