Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Amex Platinum Uber Credit
One of the most valuable perks added to the Amex Platinum card is $200 worth of Uber credits annually. This new benefit however is not as clear as it sounds and there’s been a few readers with questions on how it works and how to use it.
What is the Amex Platinum Uber Credit
As a Platinum Member, you receive $15 in Uber credits for U.S. rides each month plus a bonus $20 in December, delivered through an exclusive Uber app experience. Plus, become an Uber VIP, where available, without meeting minimum ride requirements and be connected to drivers with top user ratings so that even a 5-minute trip can be a 5-star experience.
Who Gets the Uber Credit?
The Uber credit is a benefit of the personal Amex Platinum card only, not the business version. Credit and Uber VIP status is only available to Basic Card Members and not authorized users on the account.
However, if you have more than one Amex Platinum card, you can add them to the same Uber account to get multiple credits monthly. (HT: Nathan in comments)
How it Works
- Open Uber app ore create a new Uber account if you don’t have one.
- Add your Platinum Card as a Payment Method (might need to remove it and add it again if it’s already added)
- In the Credits section in Payments you will see $15.00 and you’ll also receive an email acknowledging that your Platinum Card is linked to your Uber account. You’ll also be automatically enrolled in Uber VIP status, where available.
- Request a ride in the Uber app and select to use your credit for payment before completing the ride.
Need to Know
- Both the personal and business Amex Platinum cards earn 2X Membership Rewards points on Uber charges
- Your monthly ride credits can be applied to any Uber ride in the US only
- Unused Amex credits will expire on the last day of each month
- Credits will be available for use on the first day of each month.
- You don’t need to use you Amex Platinum card to pay remaining balance for the ride
- $15 Credit can be used for uberEATS
This is probably the most important benefit for those who regularly use Uber and can really get the full $200 value out of it. Even if you don’t use the car service much, you can use it for uberEATS for some free food. Make sure you use your March credits today.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.