Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Amex Premier Rewards Gold 65K Bonus Offer
American Express has been notorious for targeting people for increased offers via their website. The problem is they generally don’t display these offers if they see a cookie in your browser designating you are a current customer. The solution to this is to use your browser’s private/incognito mode to ensure no cookies are present. Today a new offer has surfaced on the Premier Rewards Gold card.
Earn up to 65,000 Points:
- 40,000 after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus earn 25,000 Points in your second year of Card Membership after you spend $2,000 on Card purchases between 07/15/2017 and 10/15/2017.
Alternate 50K Offer
Previously the website also had a 50K offer after $2K in spend on this same card, however I am not sure if that will still show up.
How to Get the Amex PRG 65K Offer
To find the offer, visit this link in private/incognito mode. If you only see the standard 25K public offer then try using a different browser or internet connection.
This offer is interesting because it requires you to keep the card a 2nd year. Now we might know why American Express recently announced that they will stop prorating annual fees. My guess is we will see more of these offers going forward. This card has a $195 annual fee which is waived the first year. Which means, if you keep it two years you will:
- Pay $195 for the 2nd year annual fee
- Get 65,000 points if you meet the spending requirements.
- Receive 3 X $100 statement credits for airline fee reimbursements. ($100 per calendar year in 2016, 2017 & 2018)
That is pretty good, but some people might prefer the straight 50K offer without the 2nd year requirement. That offers doesn’t require you to pay the annual fee, but comes with one less airfare credit and 15K less points. So the difference becomes:
- 15K more points + $100 airline credit for $195.
I would personally take the 65K deal because it means I am establishing a longer term relationship with Amex for the new card plus I can turn the airline credit into gift cards which work the same as cash. The consideration then becomes 15K points for $95 which is a good deal, considering I also get access to Amex Offers plus 3X points earning on airfare purchased.
Other Great Offers
If you visit the link above in incognito mode you might also find increased offers on several other cards including:
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card – Get 25,000 Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 3 months.
- Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card – Get 30,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 3 months.
- American Express® Green Card – Get 25,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 3 months.
Before applying for American Express credit cards it never hurts to check to see if any better offers are available via private/incognito modes. While the 65K offer does represent the best bonus I have seen on the Premier Rewards Gold card, I won’t call this one a “Best Ever” bonus because of the 2nd year requirement. I’ll just call it very good.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.