Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
AMAZING British Airways Business Class Sale
Update: This sale has now ended, but reading about how all of the sales and promotions were put together could help you during the next big sale.
I awoke this morning to see some posts about $850 roundtrip business class tickets from the U.S. to London. While that is definitely an amazing price, it didn’t make me jump out of my seat to book a ticket. Then as the day progressed the deal has improved dramatically.
Here are the basics:
- British Airways is having a sale on Business Class to London
- AARP members get $400 off roundtrip business class tickets (Anyone can join for $16)
- British Airways is also having a promotion giving you more value for redeeming Avios to/from certain cities including New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and others.
By combining those three things here is what I was able to get:
Las Vegas to London for $1172.50 after the AARP discount. Then I applied my 30,000 Avios and the price dropped to $408.25!
But wait, there’s more.
- 11,185 miles for the distance
- 2,730 miles for the class of service bonus
- 11,185 miles as an AA elite
- 25,000 bonus miles for the flight
So basically I SHOULD earn about 50,000 AAdvantage miles in exchange for 30,000 Avios and $408. Plus I get to spend a couple of days in London! I have been there in January before. Not the best weather, but still doable. I also get to fly on British Airways business class for the first time and on AA’s 777-300ER business class for the first time.
A few helpful tips:
Not all cities are on sale and I even found not all dates will allow you to use the 30K Avios. I also had an issue where the pay with Avios option didn’t come up after doing a lot of searches. Using a Private browsing session helped to fix that.
Are you ready?
Want to replicate this? I HIGHLY suggest heading over to Frequent Miler’s Quick Deal where he lays it all out in more detail.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.