Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Barclays Uber Visa Card Coming 11/2
Uber had already announced a few months back that it would be launching its own credit card in partnership with Barclays this fall. Now we have a launch date and full details on what to expect from this new credit card. The new Uber Visa will be open for applications starting on Thursday, November 2.
The primary cardmember will earn 10,000 bonus points, redeemable for $100 in Uber credits, statement credits or gift cards after spending $500 on net purchases on your Uber Visa Card within the first ninety (90) days from the account open date.
This one-time bonus points offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Uber Visa cardmembers are not eligible for this offer. The bonus points will be awarded after qualifying net purchases have posted to your account.
- 4% back on restaurants, takeout and bars, including UberEATS
- 3% back on airfare, hotels and vacation home rentals
- 2% back on online purchases including Uber, online shopping, and video and music streaming services
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Up to $50 credit for online subscription services after spending $5,000 on the card per year
- Up to $600 mobile phone insurance for damage and theft when the card is used to pay the monthly mobile phone bill
- No foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
This looks like a solid product from Uber, considering that it is a no fee credit card. A $100 signup bonus is decent, but the most interesting features are the earning rates of 4% back on restaurants, including UberEATS and 3% back on airfare and hotels. The card has no foreign transaction fees either, which should be helpful for those who travel abroad.
The card is aimed at Uber riders, but could be an interesting options for other as well. Points you earn on the card can be redeemed for statement credits and gift cards, besides Uber credit.
What do you think about this new card?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.