Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
British Airways Visa 100K Avios Offer
Chase has brought back the popular 100K bonus on their co-branded British Airways credit card. It hasn’t been around probably in more than a year. Let take a look at how you can receive this bonus and if it’s worth applying.
Earn up to 100,000 bonus Avios when you apply for the British Airways credit card:
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 total on purchases within the first year from account opening.
- Earn a further 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 total on purchases within the first year from account opening.
This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
- 3X Avios on direct British Airways purchases and 1X Avios on everything else.
- Travel Together Companion Ticket after $30K in annual spend. (More info on that benefit here.)
- $95 Annual fee is NOT WAIVED the first year.
It’s great to see this offer again. You can get the regular bonus of 50,000 Avios after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, and up to 100,000 Avios if you’re able to complete the full spending requirement of $20,000. If you manage that kind of spend, you’ll have a total of 120,000 Avios once you’re done.
On top of that, this card doesn’t fall under the 5/24 rule so you should be eligible as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
It might be worth to some to spend an extra $10,000 in purchases, to earn a Travel Together Ticket – good for two years when you redeem Avios for a flight on British Airways.
British Airways Avios is a distance based program. There used to be some decent premium class redemptions, but now the best use of Avios is for short to mid-haul flights. British Airways does charge fuel surcharges on most airlines, so it is important to check those.
100K is a good sign-up bonus in most currencies and it should be for Avios as well.The spending required for the maximum bonus is huge, but you have a whole year to complete and even if you can’t manage it, you will still get 50K or 75K Avios.
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.