Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
How To Change a Frequent Flyer Number on a BA Booking
A few weeks ago I noticed on Twitter that Jamison at Points Summary had posted a way to easily change your frequent flier number on a British Airways ticket. This morning I booked a flight on U.S. Airways with British Airways Avios and needed to add my Aadvantage number to the booking.
Since I know a lot of my readers may not know how to do this, I thought I would document the process here.
Why Change a Frequent Flyer Number on British Airways
Since award tickets don’t accrue miles, the main reason to add a different frequent flier number is for elite benefits. I am an Aadvantage Platinum member for example, which means I get priority check-in, boarding and a better selection of seats. These benefits add to the overall comfort of the flying experience.
Here is the process to change a frequent flyer number on British Airways.
1. Take your booking reference number from the booking confirmation screen.
2. Go to the Royal Jordanian website. Type the confirmation number and your last name in the “Manage my Booking” fields on the home page.
3. You are now in your booking. Click “Update my Contact” to change your frequent flyer number. Also notice at the bottom that you can see the booking number for the airline you are flying. In this case it is US Airways. That booking number can be used to pull up the reservation on the US Airways website to select seats.
4. On the “Update my Contact” screen change the frequent flyer airline and add in the new number. When that is complete click save.
5. Pull up your booking on the US Airways (or other carrier’s) website using the confirmation number you found on the Royal Jordanian site. (This will be different than the British Airways reference number.)
You should notice that the updated frequent flyer number can be seen. (You can also see the changes on the booking screen of the Royal Jordanian site.)
6. You can now select seats and when you check-in your boarding pass should reflect any elite status!
Before I learned this trick, I used to go to the check-in counter to make sure the proper number was on my reservation. Sometimes changing it at the kiosk would work, but I often encountered errors. Now with this trick I can make sure everything is worked out ahead of time and I can head straight to the gate when arriving at the airport. Simple and easy! Just the way I like it.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.