Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Chase Checking/Savings Bonus Code – $500
Over the past few years Chase has been the most generous of the big banks with bonuses for opening up checking/savings accounts. They had an amazing $500 business bonus that comes back occasionally through targeted offer and they continuously have a very popular $500 personal offer. That personal offer has returned and it’s again available for everyone through a public link, although you need to apply in branch.
- GET $300 for new Chase checking customers who open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up Direct Deposit.
- GET $200 for opening a new CHASE SAVINGS account, depositing a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintaining a $15,000 balance for 90 days.
- Expiration Date: 9/29/17
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- For checking bonus, make a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- For savings bonus, deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 10 business days of account opening and maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- If either the checking or savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
The full terms can be found on the offer page after generating your unique code. (See below.)
Getting the Offer
Normally offers like this one are targeted, either by mail or email. You can also purchases these coupons on eBay. However with this public link anyone can generate a unique coupon code. It’s probably best to do this now, just in case the offer gets pulled. The previous offer was supposed to last till August 8th, but it ended much earlier. This offer has an expiration date of 9/29/17 but don;t wait till then to apply.
Chase Savings has a $5 fee per month. You can avoid the fee in the following ways:
- $300 or more minimum daily balance
- or at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your personal Chase checking account (available only through Chase Online Banking)
- or when linked to a Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client Checking account
Chase Total Checking has a $12 fee per month. You can avoid the fee in the following ways:
- Direct deposit totaling $500 or more made to this account.
- or a $1,500 or more minimum daily balance in this account
- or an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying linked deposits.
Both my wife and I have received this bonus in the past when targeted. You need to have a branch nearby to complete the account opening process which usually takes about 30 minutes in my experience. I usually just walk into a branch, but I have lots of branches close by. If you’re taking a relatively long drive, it’s probably best to make an appointment and maybe also check for any pre-approved credit card offers while you’re there. Keep in mind that you WILL receive a 1099-INT for these bank bonuses and thus you will be taxed.
If you aren’t a current Chase checking/savings customer then this is about as good as a bonus gets. While the savings deposit amount is a bit high, I think it’s still worth it if you have $15,000 to leave in the savings account for three months. If you’re undecided, get the coupon now anyway and then decide if it makes sense for you. You can do this bonus once a year.
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.