Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Chase has sent out a new 100K offer on their Marriott Rewards® Premier credit card. Let’s take a look at this targeted offer.
- Receive 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening with your Marriott Rewards Premier credit card.
- Receive 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months
Application page. It doesn’t now show the bonus. You need to click through email. Offer expires May 3, 2017.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards & SPG hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 on airline tickets, car rental agencies and restaurants
- Receive a one-night stay every year at a Category 1-5 after account anniversary
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- $85 Annual Fee (not waived)
As always, “This bonus offer is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.”
Elite Status Benefit
With this card you receive 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary. You also earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases.
Should You Apply?
The normal public offer for this card gives a 80,000 points bonus after you make purchases totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months. That means that with this offer you’re spending $2,000 more to get the extra 20,000 points. Definitely worth it if you’re targeted, since you’d be earning 10x on those $2K of extra spend.
But keep in mind that you can also earn Marriott points with an Amex SPG card that has a 35,000 bonus offer. That would convert to 105,000 Marriot points, just slightly less than the 107,500 that you would get through this offer. But most likely a bit more in total since you’d earn 1 SPG/3 Marriot points per dollar on that $5,000 spend requirement.
This is a good bonus, but the card also fall under the 5/24 rule. The bonus is pretty close to what you’d get with the SPG cards, so it would really depend on what extra perks you value most and whether 5/24 is an issue.
There’s a possibility that you could get the bonus if you apply with link provided above, but keep in mind that the offer is targeted and sent by email to some. I wouldn’t risk it, unless you see some positive data points.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.