Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Citi Prestige Change Confirmation
Recap of Changes We Know About
As a recap, last week we learned that the following changes will be taking place on July 23, 2017 for current cardholders:
- Loss of Admiral’s Club Access.
- Loss of 3 free rounds of golf.
- No more 1.33 or 1.6 cent value for airfare. All airfare can be booked at 1.25 cents per points.
- The 4th night free will be based on the average rate and taxes will not be included.
More Questions Answered
Following that post, many of you had questions that could not yet be answered. Thankfully I have some new information to share. Among the things I learned today are:
- The annual fee of $450 will remain the same. Citigold clients will still only pay $350 and authorized users are still $50.
- If you get the card after September 1, 2016 you will not have Admiral’s Club access at all.
- If you get the card before September 1, 2016 you will have Admiral’s Club access until July 23, 2017.
- No matter when you get the card, you can book AA flights at 1.6 cents each and other flights at 1.33 cents each until July 23, 2017.
- No matter when you get the card, you get three free rounds of golf which need to be booked by July 23, 2017. Prestige members will continue to get access to private courses, even without the free golf benefit.
- The 4th night free benefit will remain in its current form for all bookings made before July 23, 2017. If you make a booking before that date, the program will work as it currently does even if travel is after that date.
- The Priority Pass membership will remain the same and will still include two guests.
- As we already knew, the bonus categories, Global Entry credit and $250 airfare credit are remaining the same.
So there you have it. The big news coming out of this is that 4th night free bookings can be made for later travel under the old rules, that you can make golf bookings up until the change date and most importantly that anyone who gets the card after September 1, 2016 will be out of luck when it comes to getting into AA lounges. Of course with all of these negative changes and the annual fee remaining the same, I doubt as many people will be getting the card.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.