Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Daily Getaways 2016 – Deals for Hotels & Theme Parks
Daily Getaways is an annual sale of discounted hotels and other travel related bundles offered by the U.S. Travel Association. This year the sale will run from April 4, 2016 through May 6, 2016 with a different deal every day during that period. Currently only the first two weeks of deals have been announced. Let’s take a look.
Daily Getaways Overview
I have listed all of the deals for the first few weeks below. Each of these deals has a limited quantity (and in some cases VERY limited). You can see the quantity available by clicking through to the deal page. Additionally, each deal has its own set of terms and conditions, so I recommend reading those carefully.
April 4, 2016
- 20,000 Choice Points for $90
- 32,000 Choice Points for $132
- 36,000 Choice Points for $155
- 40,000 Choice Points for $160
April 5, 2016
April 6, 2016
- 15,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $90 .6 cents per point.
- 25,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $150 .6 cents per point.
- 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $293 CPP .565 cents per point.
- 100,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $565 CPP .565 cents per point.
April 7, 2016
April 8, 2016
- Four night package at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino for $475 (4 nights in a Contemporary Room, 2 tickets to Criss Angel or the Blue Man Group and $400 dining credit.)
- Two night getaway to New York New York Hotel & Casino for $475 (2 nights in a suite, tickets to Zumanity and dinner for 2)
- Getaway for 2 to Mandalay Bay for $1,700 (3 night stay, ticket to Michael Jackson ONE, massage, dinners)
- Three Night Aria Hotel & Casino Getaway for $1,700 (3 nights in a Sky Suite, dinner and spa treatments for two.)
- Getaway for 2 to The Mirage for $1,750 (3 nights in a Mirage Suite, dinners, show tickets, massages)
April 11, 2016
April 12, 2016
- Four (4) 3-Day Tickets to Universal Orlando Resort for $850
- Universal Orlando Resort Vacation Package for $2,397 (3 night stay, round trip airfare, 3 day admission)
- Universal Orlando Resort Private VIP Experience for $3,500
April 13, 2016
April 14, 2016
- 1 Night at Exclusive Omni Hotels & Resorts for $235
- 2 Nights at Omni’s Premier Hotels & Resort for $335
- 2 Night Weekend Escape at Select Omni Hotels for $245
- 2 Night Omni Hotel Getaway for $160
April 15, 2016
- Paris Las Vegas Package for $350 (Two nights, dinner for two, spa treatments and more.)
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Package for $500 (Two nights, dinner for two, two show tickets and more.)
- Rio Las Vegas Golf Package for $520 (Two nights, $100 dining credit, a round of golf for two & more.)
- Harrah’s Atlantic City Package for $650 (Two nights, dinner for two, in-room champagne and more.)
- Nobu Las Vegas Package for $590 (Two nights, dinner for two and more.)
- Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas Luxury Package for $1,400 (Three nights in a Suite, show tickets, $200 dining credit and more.)
- I think the IHG Rewards Club price is fairly decent, although not the lowest we have seen and I am sure between their various promotions that many of you have a nice stash.
- If you are going to visit a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens park this year, then you probably won’t do better than this deal.
- Choice Hotels has some very reasonably priced properties in Europe and many have accommodations for families. I wouldn’t buy those points speculatively, but if you have a use for them then this can be a very good deal.
- The Vegas packages are a yawn, since rates vary so much depending on what is going on in town. I would hate to lock up so much money. Perhaps the exception to this is the Excalibur package if you want to stay and eat there. $400 worth of dining credit and a room with show tickets is very nice for $450, but then again it is the Excalibur.
- As for Wyndham, I wouldn’t buy these speculatively, but they have some night properties where $150 would be a decent discount.
- The rest of the deals are alright, but don’t really stand out to me.
I’ll cover the rest of the deals when they are released, but as of now I think I’ll probably go for some theme parks tickets and that is all. If I didn’t already have a nice stash of IHG points I would consider those for the simplicity, but I can get them for a similar price most of the time. Happy shopping!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.