Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Delta Platinum Amex 60k Targeted Offer
I am definitely not a huge fan of the Delta Skymiles program, however one area they excel over the other carriers is the ability to earns MQMs through credit card spend. You can even manufacture elite status through credit card spend.
The Delta Amex Platinum card comes with a $195 fee that is not waived the first year, but it gives the ability to earn 10,000 MQMs after $25k in spend and an additional 10,000 MQMs after $50k in spend. The problem is the sign-up bonus on this card is generally not very good. Historically the public bonus has been 30,000 miles, but right now it is only 10,000 miles.
One of my readers sent me the details of a targeted offer that is going around. I am sharing this for two reasons. First, it is a good idea to check your email to see if you have received it and second it is always good to be informed of what offers are out there even if you aren’t targeted.
Here are the details of the offer he received:
[quote_center]IN THE RACE TO HIGHER STATUS, EVERY MILE MATTERS.
BY EARNING 60,000 BONUS MILES AND 5,000 MQMs, HIGHER STATUS COULD BE ON THE HORIZON.
With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can earn 60,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MQMs after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.1 In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.2
Plus enjoy these exciting travel benefits and more:
• Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta3 and earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases with no mileage cap4
• Receive a Domestic Main Cabin companion certificate each year upon renewal*
• With Miles Boost you can earn 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $25,000 or more in purchases on the Card in a calendar year5
• No foreign transaction fees6
• Enjoy discounted Delta Sky Club® access for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight7
All this for an annual fee of $195. Don’t delay — this offer ends May 31, 2015.8
* Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for round-trip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.[/quote_center]
Last year we saw a public offer giving 50,000 bonus miles, a statement credit and 15,000 MQMs. This deal has 10,000 more bonus miles, but 10,000 less MQMs. It is definitely still a great deal for someone looking for this card, but I still prefer Membership Rewards earning cards. Waiting for an offer with more MQMs may be something to consider as well.
If you are someone who lives in a Delta market or are looking for this card, this offer may be worth a look if you are targeted. If you are not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that 50k offer come back at some point.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.