Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Delta SkyMiles Holiday Bonus
A few weeks ago four of the five major mileage portals held their holiday bonus promotions (Southwest, United, American, Alaska). Now, the fifth major program Delta SkyMiles is having a bonus of its own. Let’s take a look.
- Spend $150, get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $750, get 1,500 bonus miles
- Holiday Bonus bonus campaign runs from 11/30/16 through 12/09/16 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”).
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to up to 1,500 bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard SkyMiles® Shopping miles earned from shopping online through the SkyMiles® Shopping mall.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
You can see the full details and terms here.
Unfortunately Delta is paying out on the lower spending threshold at a greater rate (3.33X) compared to the higher spending threshold (2X). This is of course a good deal if they have better rates overall than their competition when factoring in the bonus. That will be the case with some stores and won’t be with others. Check Cashback Monitor to compare rates across portals.
While I wish they had a higher bonus amount and higher payout rate on the top end, considering the other airlines aren’t running promotions, this is definitely one to look at.
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.