Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
eBay Back to School Gift Card Sale
eBay has a number of gift cards on sale today from Paypal Digital Gifts, GiftCardMall and SVM Gift Cards. Lets take a look at which ones might be interesting to look at.
Cards on Sale
Before I list the cards, let look at how this deal stacks. You can go through a portal and earn 1.1% cashback and you will also earn 2% in eBay Bucks. Additionally, purchases from Paypal Digital Gifts made with a Chase Ink have earned 5x Ultimate Rewards in the past.
One strategy some people use is to purchase eBay gift cards from Paypal Digital Gifts and then use those cards to purchase gift cards or other merchandise so they earn 5x. That strategy will work for cards sold by SVM and GCM, but is not needed for the cards from Paypal Digital Gifts since they will pay 5x anyway.
Paypal Digital Gifts
- $50 Sephora eGift card + $10 bonus code for $50 – Limit 5
- $200 Staples eGift card for $170 – Limit 5
- $25 Kmart eGift card for $21.25 – Limit 5
- $50 Gamestop eGift card + $10 bonus code for $50 – Limit 5
- $50 Overstock eGift card for $40 – Limit 5
- $50 JC Penney eGift card for $40 – Limit 5
- $50 Bertucci’s eGift card for $45 – Limit 5
- $25 Chocomize eGift card for $20 – Limit 5
- $50 Fatboy USA eGift card for $40 – Limit 5
SVM Gift Cards
- $100 76 Gift Card for $90 – Limit 3
- $200 Hyatt for $175 – Limit 2
- $50 Cabela’s Gift Card for $40 – Limit 5
- $25 Boston Market Gift Card for $20 – Limit 5
- $100 The Limited Gift Card for $85 – Limit 3
- $50 Spa & Wellness Gift Card for $40 – Limit 5
$50 Toys R Us Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3– OUT OF STOCK!
- $50 Jiffy Lube for $40 – Limit 3
- $50 Claire’s Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
If one of these cards corresponds to a merchant you frequent regularly then this is a great deal. There are also a few cards that may be profitable to resell, especially if you can earn 5x Ultimate Rewards points on the purchase.
- Toys R Us – Buy for 80% and sell for 80%
- Cabela’s – Buy for 80% and sell for 81%
- 76 – Buy for 90% and sell for 92%
- Jiffy Lube – Buy for 80% and sell for 76%
- Staples – Buy for 85% (Will work if you purchase merchandise. Not good to resell since eGift codes can be sold for only 81%.)
eBay Bucks Offers
In the past, eBay has sent out targeted eBay Bucks offers a few days after the start of one of these sales. This is of course not guaranteed, but it may be a good idea to wait on some of the slower selling cards to see if this happens. Those offers change the math significantly. One card that has sold out quickly in the past is Toys R Us and it seems to be selling quickly today, so that is one that I am not holding off on.
There is definitely some opportunity in this gift card sale. I really like the 76 cards and will probably purchase some of the others as well. I see this as a fairly easy way to generate some points with a negative cost. If you have never bought and sold gift cards then you should definitely take it slow and take a look at my beginner’s post.
Did I miss any good resale opportunities? Let me know in the comments.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.