Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
eBay has a number of gift cards on sale from both GiftCardMall and SVM Gift Cards. Some of these are possible reselling moneymakers so I would highlight a couple of them.
Basic Economics of this eBay Gift Card Sale
Before I list the deals and look at a couple of good ones, I’ll break down the basics of what I’ll be basing the math on.
- Purchases of these cards earn 2% in eBay Bucks. Some members like me were targeted for 3X eBay Bucks or 6% back. My math will be based on the 6%.
- You can earn 2% cashback through the Splender portal (my review) or Plenti is paying back 4 points per dollar spent. I’ll base my math on the 2%.
Discounted Gift Cards
Here are the discounted gift cards available listed by seller. All of these discounted gift cards can be found on the eBay sale page.
- $50 DSW Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- $50 Golfsmith Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- $50 P.F. Chang’s Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- $50 Carter’s / OshKosh B’gosh Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- $50 Petco Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- $100 iTunes Gift Card for $80 – Limit 3
- $50 Gander Mountain Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- Buy $100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card and get a bonus $20 – Limit 2
- $50 Dave & Buster’s Gift Card for $40 – Limit 3
- Buy $50 Cabela’s Gift Card and get a bonus $10 ($60 Value) – Limit 3
SVM Gift Cards
- $100 ExxonMobil Gas Gift Card For Only $92 – Limit 3
- $100 ChevronTexaco Gas Gift Card For Only $95 – Limit 3
- $200 Hyatt Hotels Gift Card For Only $175 – Limit 2
- $100 CVS Gift Card For Only $88 – Limit 3
A few of these cards can be profitable moneymakers. Let’s look at some examples.
- Purchase price: $276
- eBay Bucks earned: $16.56
- Portal cashback: $5.52
- Total cost: $253.92
- Resell for: $270 (90%)
Is this the biggest moneymaker? No, but it is free spend. This could also be seen as 12.6% off of gasoline.
- Purchase price: $285
- eBay Bucks earned: $17.10
- Portal cashback: $5.70
- Total cost: $262.20
- Resell for: $270.90 (90.3%)
There are a couple of other deals on the list that could be profitable, but I’ll let you discover those for yourself. I personally think ~20% off Hyatt is fairly good and ~19% off CVS isn’t bad either. Those might be about breakeven or a slight loss for resale, but could be very nice discounts for personal use.
I personally purchased the gas cards and am thinking about the CVS deal. If I didn’t already have a nice stockpile of Hyatt cards, I would purchase some to lock in a 20% discount. Either way, there is some opportunity here. I won’t lie and say these deals are better than they have been in the past, because they aren’t. Prices have increased, but there is still enough profit margins on some cards to make a few bucks. Once again, you can find all of the discounted cards here.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.