Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Deep Gift Card Discounts
Google Wallet is offering promotional bonuses on the purchase of select merchant gift cards. To get the bonus, the gift cards must be loaded to your Google Wallet account.
The discounts break down as follows:
- Regal Cinemas – Purchase $50 GC get $5 bonus – 9.1% discount
- Sephora – Purchase $25 GC get $5 bonus – 16.7% discount
- Staples – Purchase $25 GC get $5 bonus – 16.7% discount (I covered this one before. It is through Cashstar and will not earn 5x points w/Ink.)
- Toys ‘R Us – Purchase $10 GC get $5 bonus – 33.3% discount (You can actually purchase any $10 GC including Amazon and get a free $5 Toys ‘R Us card. See below for how to save 50%!)
- Whole Foods – Purchase $20 GC get $5 bonus – 20% discount
For Regal, Sephora & Staples, you will buy the cards through Cashstar. For Toys R Us it will be through Gyft and the Whole Foods cards are sold directly by them. Be sure to read the separate terms on each of the offer pages.
It seems that many people have been able to redeem the deal over and over again. (This varies by merchant.) For detailed instructions and more information regarding multiple purchases refer to this Slickdeals thread.
Up to 50% Discount on a Variety of Cards with Gyft
If you use Gyft for the Toys R Us deal, I found a way that you may be able to save more. When I signed up for a new account, I was given a $5 off promo code as well. (Look in Gyft Wallet for the code.) This meant I was able to purchase a $15 Amazon card for $10 and also receive a bonus $5 Toys R Us card. ($20 in GCs for $10 or a 50% savings!) You should be able to purchase any $15 card + the bonus $5 Toys R Us card for $10.
This is a great promotion with deep discounts on gift cards. If you frequent or plan to frequent any of these merchants, then you may want to consider this deal. Keep in mind the gift cards have to be loaded to Google Wallet, which may or not make or break the deal.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.