Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Gift Card Mall has released a new Visa gift card offer that seems too good to be true. Let’s take a look.
- For a limited time, get 5% of the total load value of your Five Back Visa Gift Card now, then get up to an additional 5% back of the purchase price when you shop at select stores later.
- Offer valid 12/4/16 – 12/10/16
Need to Know
- This offer appears on the front page of Gift Card Mall.
- The website advertises the cards as 5% off, however no discount is taken at checkout.
- Perhaps the extra 5% is loaded on to the cards and they will arrive with 5% more loaded onto them.
- You can find a list of stores that give the additional 5% on the back end here.
- Gift Card Mall is notorious for cancelling orders for no reason. I am locked out of my account for “security reasons” even though I have purchased a lot of cards from them in the past and never had an issue. Getting my account fixed has been way too much trouble.
Yazing is paying 1.25% back for Visa gift cards purchased from Gift Card Mall. If we add in the 5% bonus and assume you won’t be spending the card at a store which earns 5% more, then the math works out like this:
- Purchase price of a $500 card: $505.95
- 1.25% cashback from Yazing: -$6.25
- 5% bonus on value: -$25
- Total Cost: $474.70
- Total Profit: $25.30 plus credit card rewards
Now do you see how it looks to good to be true? With this advertised on their homepage though and with the 5% off language on their website, I don’t see how this could be a mistake. Remember too you can get an additional 5% back (which makes the numbers up above better by $25) by using the cards at select retailers.
This is a great deal and one I surely would participate in if my account wasn’t locked. I suspect many of you will be able to rack up nice amounts of spend along with some decent cashback from this deal. I’ll let everyone know if I get further clarification on how that up front bonus 5% is given. Happy buying!
HT: Frequent Miler
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.