Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Maximize United’s MileagePlus Partner Promotion and Earn Bonus Miles
A new offer has been sent out to selected United MileagePlus Members that gives up to 3,000 bonus miles for spending with certain MileagePlus Partners.
Targeted members who register for this promotion and make a qualifying transaction with designated MileagePlus partners will get up to 3,000 Bonus miles on top of the miles they would already earn. The bonus is earned in tiers:
- Qualifying transaction with one partner- get 500 extra miles.
- Qualifying transactions with two partners- get 1,000 extra miles.
- Qualifying transactions with three partners- get 3,000 extra miles.
- You must register for this promotion by October 31, 2017.
- The qualifying partners are: MileagePlus Shopping, MileagePlus Dining, 1800Flowers, MileagePlusX, Opinion Miles, Lending Club and Vinesse.
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,000 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard MileagePlus miles earned.
- Miles-earning transactions with qualifying partners that are completed prior to 11:59 p.m. (CT) on October 31, 2017 and that are posted to the relevant member’s MileagePlus account by 11:59 p.m. (CT) on December 30, 2017 will qualify.
- Only qualifying miles credited to a member’s account will count toward the bonus mile offer.
- Any debits to a member’s account as a result of retail transactions that have been returned will negate previously credited miles.
- Promotional bonus miles may take up to 6-8 weeks to post.
How to Maximize
If you were lucky enough to be targeted, it should be quite easy for you to earn the full 3,000 miles. Below is a list of all the qualifying partners and how to get added value with the partners as well as earn the bonus.
MileagePlus Shopping Portal
MileagePlus X App
Most of you have already taken advantage of the MileagePlus X App. If you haven’t, it couldn’t be easier, just download the app, add a payment method and use the app to purchase a gift card prior to checking out at any of their participating merchants. You could earn up to 5 bonus miles per dollar spent in addition to the bonus.
MileagePlus Dining Program
Another easy option is the MileagePlus Dining Program. If you’re already signed up, you can just head to a participating restaurant and make a purchase using your linked card. If you haven’t signed up for MileagePlus Dining- this is an excellent time to do so because they are having a promotion for people who are new to the program. To take advantage, register here and make a $25 purchase at a participating restuarant in the first 30 days for 1,500 bonus miles and then visit up to 3 more participating ones for 500 miles each in the first 30 days as well, for a total of 3,000.
Another simple way to get a qualifying transaction is to place any order for 1-800 Flowers and use the specified promo code: MP64. In addition to getting the bonus, you’ll get 20 Miles per dollar spent! That’s an awesome return and usually you can shop at any of the stores associated with 1-800 Flowers as long as you originate there and checkout there. (YMMV)
Opinion Miles Club
You’ll get 300 miles for joining here and completing your first survey and this counts as a qualifying transaction for the promo.
Unless you’re planning on trying Vinesse and want to purchase 6 bottles of wine, this is not the easiest way to get the bonus.
It should come as no surprise that I don’t recommend taking out a loan for a 3,000 mile bonus – that being said, if you were already planning on using Lending Club, you’ll get 2 miles per dollar borrowed in addition to the bonus.
While this offer is not exactly groundbreaking, it is extremely easy to meet the requirements for the full bonus. I suspect most of you are taking advantage of at least two of these programs in the first place, so you’re basically getting a bonus for doing nothing different and who doesn’t love that? I also love that most of these partners come with their own promotion, making this a nice double dip opportunity.
HT: Points Fitness
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.