Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Best of Miles to Memories 2/08/16/-2/14/16
Welcome to the weekly “Best of Miles to Memories” recap series. Here you will find links to all of the still relevant posts from the past week. This week brought a lot of bad news including the shutdown of credit card funding on Citi bank accounts and Chase’s crackdown on churners. There were some bright spots including my 55K 1 night stay and some other deals.
To make the posts in this recap easier to wade through, my “Editor’s Picks” in each section are in bold. If you have questions about anything you read feel free to contact me anytime. Enjoy!
In Credit Cards
- Chase to Shutdown Churners Once & For All? The 5/24 Rule May Be Spreading to All Products Soon
- My 5X Banana Republic Visa Gamble Has Paid Off!
- Discover 2Q 5% (10%) Categories Announced & Why the 2nd Quarter is Fantastic for 5X Earnings
In Manufactured Spend
In Deals & Loyalty
- Success: 55K Points Earned for a 1 Night Hotel Stay! (And Frustration with IHG)
- 50% Virgin America Transfer Bonus: Less Than 10K to Hawaii, 2K Short Haul & More!
- 100K Amex Platinum, 50K Premier Rewards Gold & More Targeted Offers Surface
- Citi Kills Credit Card Funding of Bank Accounts & With It the Possibility of Earning Huge Rewards
- Deal Roundup: Free Chipotle, Free Google Storage, Free Return Shipping from PayPal & More!
In Travel & More
- Hotel Review – Hyatt Zilara Cancun: Paradise for 25,000 Points?
- 6 Awesome & Creative Ways to Get to Vegas with Miles & Points
- Citi Shutdown Anecdote, To Kill A Deal or Not, Clever Way to Evade Name Change Policies & Some Great Deals!
Have a great evening!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.