Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Awesome NBA Amex 20K Offer
BBVA Compass issues the NBA American Express credit card. For a limited time they have doubled the normal offer on the card from 10K to 20K. There are quite a few interesting things that you may not know about this card, so I thought it might be a good time to take a look at why I am planning on adding it to my wallet soon.
The normal offer on this card gives 10,000 bonus points ($100) after $500 in spend during the first 3 months. For a limited time that offer has been doubled to 20,000 bonus points ($200) after $1,000 in spend during the first 3 months.
Direct Application Link (Non-affiliate)
- 2x points at gas stations.
- 2x points at supermarkets.
- 3x points on transactions for qualifying NBA tickets, NBA in-stadium transactions, and NBAStore.com transactions.
- 5x points on ALL PURCHASES, including non NBA related items, during the NBA All-Star Weekend and two weeks of the NBA finals.
- No annual fee
Why I Am Applying for This Card
- A $200 bonus is fantastic on a no annual fee card.
- BBVA Compass is a smaller bank and I don’t already have a card with them.
- This card earns 5% everywhere on NBA All Star Weekend and during the NBA Finals. (5% EVERYWHERE!)
- This card is eligible for Amex Offers if you sync it with Twitter or another social network.
- BBVA Compass is known to give low credit limits.
- During past 5% windows they were quick to lockup cards with a large amount of purchases citing fraud alerts.
The way I see it, this card gives me access to Amex Offers with no annual fee and comes with a $200 sign-up bonus. The fact that it earns 5% everywhere for two+ weeks a year is just icing on the cake. (And sweet icing at that.) My plan is to pickup this card very soon and do some spending on it so it’ll be primed and ready come NBA All Star Weekend in February.
I really think this is a great deal on quite a few levels as mentioned above. Given the combination of Amex Offers, high sign-up bonus, no annual fee and 5% opportunities it is a card I think would be good for a lot of people. I almost applied before last year’s NBA Finals, but their website broke and I gave up. Now it is time to add it to my wallet. The only thing I need to decide is which team to customize it to! Actually, I have already made that decision.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.