Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Here is a review of some notable items and articles from the past week.
- Barclay’s has re-branded the Arrival card and added a few new features. Value Penguin has all of the details.
- Marriott announced their new summer promotion and La Quinta is offering double or triple points at some properties this summer.
- Gary at View From The Wing has a list of banks that will let you initially fund a new account with a credit card. This is helpful if you will be opening up a new account soon. You might as well earn some miles/points for doing it!
- Both American Airlines & British Airways are offering up to 100,000 bonus miles for Transatlantic flights.
- Carolina Travel Girl broke the news that Barclay’s will be removing a few benefits from the US Airways Mastercard after 2014. Among the benefits being lost are first class check-in, qualifying miles after $25,000 in spend and the companion certificate. Check out the source link for all of the details.
- IHG Rewards Club has three quizzes which can net you 500 free points. Additionally American & United both have bonus offers for joining and using their dining programs. More information here.
- Southwest is offering up to 2,000 bonus miles when referring friends to their program. This offer is targeted so check your email. (I received the offer on one of my family’s accounts.)
- There are widespread reports that the 60,000 bonus point offer on the Chase Ink cards will end on May 31. Here is my take on the cards and why they are such a good value. (No affiliate links.)
- Virgin America was finally awarded gates at Dallas Love Field. They had already speculatively been selling tickets for their new routes, but now everything is official.
- Frontier had a crazy sale this week with $15 one-way fares to/from Washington Dulles. The sale is over now, but you can read about my experience with trying to book the sale fares here.
- Are you struggling with getting approved for credit cards? Find out how to get reconsidered for a credit card application when calling fails.
Did I miss something that interested you? Please let me know in the comments below. Happy Sunday!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.