Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Orbitz Green Monday – $50 off $100+
Orbitz and Masterpass are once again teaming up to offer a very good hotel deal. While this isn’t as good as last year’s $100 of $100+ Cyber Monday bonanza, this year you can get $50 off hotel bookings of $100 or more. The kicker is that Mastercard will also donate $100 to the Stand Up to Cancer Charity. Let’s take a look.
Save $50 when you spend $100+ on select hotel stays on Orbitz.com. Mastercard will also donate $100 to Stand Up to Cancer when you use a Mastercard in Masterpass and apply the promo code MASTERPASS
- $50 Promo code (MASTERPASS) available on desktop, mobile web, and on Orbitz mobile apps where Masterpass is included as an option.
- Book by December 31, 2015 (12:00 p.m. CT) travel by June 30, 2016
- Most major chains are excluded.
- Must enter promotion code prior to completing your booking to receive the savings; promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously made.
You can find the full terms here.
This is a very good deal since I don’t believe there is a limit on how many times it can be used. The key is to find hotels at or close to $100 to maximize the savings. Most corporate chains are excluded, but you may find that a lot of nicer non-chain hotels are included.
For example, during past deals many of the Disney properties have been included in the deal. In Vegas some of the higher end Strip properties are eligible as well. Any property that is marked as “PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE” should work with this discount.
How to Search
- To search using this code, simply go to the Orbitz website and enter your search paramaters along with the code MASTERPASS in the promotional code slot.
- On the results page look for properties with the green text “PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE”.
- Click on “see details” to see the final cost of the room including your discount.
While I would love to see $100 of $100+ again, at least with this reduced discount Mastercard and Orbitz are putting the money to good use. I don’t know a lot about the charity they are donating to, but with a quick glance it seems worthwhile and since they are giving us up to 50% off hotels it is a win-win.
HT: Tim Tam via Secret Flying
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.