Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join Our Facebook Group!
Miles to Memories DO – September 19, 2015
As I have written about a few times here, I will be hosting a small conference/meetup/DO this Saturday in Las Vegas. We will have three hours of formal presentations and then a great dinner afterwards. More than 30 people are expected so it will be big enough to meet a bunch of new people, but small enough that you shouldn’t be overwhelmed. If you are interested in attending, simply email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am covering the cost of the room, so it won’t cost you anything.
Here is the schedule for the formal portion:
- 2PM – 2:30PM Introductions and Overview – Everyone will have an opportunity to introduce themselves, state where they are from and how they got into the hobby. Feel free to share as much or as little about yourself as you would like.
- 2:30PM-3PM Vegas/Casino Loyalty Programs by Alan the Single Flyer – An overview of casino loyalty programs and how they fit into the world of travel hacking.
- 3PM-3:15PM – Break
- 3:15PM-3:45PM From Newbie to Experienced in a Whirlwind Year by Miles to Memories Contributor PDX Deals Guy – Sharing the tips and methods used to get up to speed incredibly quickly within this hobby. There will definitely be some insight here for both newer people and more experienced veterans.
- 3:45PM-4PM – Break
- 4PM-4:30PM Deals, Ninja Tricks & More by Shawn Coomer – I will talk about some of my processes used for finding deals, show how I try to maximize every deal and share a deal too fragile to write about on the blog.
- 4:30PM-5PM Attendee Tips – Bring a short tip, trick or hack to share with the group. Tips should stay in the room and not be repeated elsewhere.
Travelcon II Vegas – November 7, 2015
If you are looking for a more formal event then Travelcon II will be held in Vegas on November 7, 2015. If you are going to pay to attend one event this one is it. Some of the best minds in miles/points will be there speaking. Oh yeah and I will be too. Tickets are $139 and that includes a full day of sessions and lunch as well. You can find more details and purchase tickets here.
Travelcon II Schedule (Greg the Frequent Miler will be speaking as well, but the schedule hasn’t been updated.)
- 9:00 – 9:30 Registration
- 9:30 – 9:45 Morning Meet & Greet with other Attendees
- 9:45 – 10:00 Get Situated, Opening Remarks
- 10:00 – 11:00 Julian – The Devil’s Advocate
- 11:00 – 11:45 Shawn Coomer – Miles to Memories
- 11:45 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:45 Omar – Travel Summary (Random Need-to-Know items for flights, hotels, and MS)
- 1:45 – 2:45 Matt – Saverocity (TBD)
- 2:45 – 3:00 Break
- 3:00 – 4:00 Scott – Travel Codex (TBD)
- 4:00 – 5:15 Tahsir (Bengali Miles Guru)/Amol (Points to Point B) (Manufactured Spending)
- 5:15 – 6:00 Closing Remarks / Breakout Sessions
- 6:00 – ??? HAVE FUN IN VEGAS!
Chicago Seminars – October 16-18, 2015
I will also be speaking at the Chicago Seminars on October 17 and I am told tickets are still available. It is a wonderful conference and my favorite part is that all proceeds above and beyond the costs of putting on the conference go to charity. Tickets are only $100 and cover three days worth of events. You can purchase them here.
Unfortunately I think the schedule is a little too long to post here, so here is a link to it. There will be a ton of great speakers including many of your favorite bloggers. I will be speaking about Cruising and loyalty programs, but just about every imaginiable topic will be covered over the course of the weekend!
I hope to meet many of you at one of these three events. If you can’t make it to any of them, I have plans for another meetup some time next year and hope to speak at other conferences as well. If you have never attended a miles & points conference, they are really great for networking. You can find my thoughts about that here. Have a great day!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.