Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
Buy a $50 Staples eGift Card and get a $10 Promotional Card
Staples and Cashstar have brought back a repeating promotion on eGift cards. This time around, you can get a $10 promotional card with the purchase of a $50 Staples eGift card. There is a limit of 4 promotional cards per person and the deal is running through 8/29/2015. Note that these cards are sold by Cashstar and thus do not earn 5X Ultimate Rewards points with Chase Ink cards.
These promotional cards are unfortunately not like normal gift cards, so this deal works best if you have an upcoming purchase in mind. If you participate in this deal then the $10 promotional cards will be sent out to you on August 30, 2015 and you will have to use them by September 12, 2015.
As with many deals, organization and planning is key. I wouldn’t jump on this deal unless I had an upcoming purchase or had a strategy to use the cards. While I don’t know if this still works, sometimes in the past people have purchased items and then returned them to get a new gift card issued in order to get around the expiration. YMMV if that will work.
If you are able to fully utilize the promotional cards, then you are basically getting $60 worth of cards for $50. While that might seem like a 20% discount on the surface, it really amounts to a 16.67% discount. That isn’t bad, but it isn’t the biggest discount I have ever seen on Staples cards either.
- This eGift Card Offer is valid between August 23 and August 29, 2015 (“Promotion Period”), or until the max issuance of $10 Staples “ePromo Cards” has been reached.
- A customer will be eligible to receive one $10 Staples “ePromo Card” per $50 Qualifying Order per customer.
- Limit of four $10 Staples ePromo Cards per customer: Only orders with $200 or more in Staples eGift Cards will receive four $10 Staples “ePromo Cards”.
- Your $10 Staples ePromo Card will be emailed to the address provided during the Qualifying Order on the valid date of August 30, 2015. Your $10 Staples ePromo card will NOT be sent immediately following the Qualifying Order.
- Only one $10 Staples “ePromo Card” may be redeemed per in store or online transaction.
- The $10 Staples “ePromo Card” is only valid for redemption between 08/30/2015 and 09/12/2015.
- Staples eGift Cards are provided by Staples’ third-party service provider, CashStar.
- eGift Cards may be purchased using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- This Offer cannot be used for prior purchases or combined with any other offers.
- This Offer cannot be reused if a Qualifying Order, or a portion of the Qualifying Order, is returned.
You can find the full terms and purchase the cards here.
This isn’t one of those no-brainer Staples deals, however it is a very solid deal for those people who know what to do with it. People looking for electronics or those who are into reselling can do quite well when they start off with an almost 17% discount. In the past I have purchased these cards, however I am sitting this one out since I still have a backlog of Staples gift cards from other various promotions.
HT: Frequent Miler
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.