Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
United’s New Narrowbody First Class Seat
United Airlines has announced that they will begin retrofitting many of their narrowbody aircraft with a new premium cabin seat. The new seat is 21.1″ wide as opposed to 21″ for the current seats and will debut on A319 aircraft beginning next week with an eventual rollout to A320, 737 and 757 aircraft through 2016. The number of first class seats will not change as part of this retrofit.
Features of the new seats:
- All-leather seat covers in signature navy and champagne colors;
- A patented-design tray table with tablet holder, enabling travelers to enjoy food and beverages while using their personal electronic devices;
- An articulating seat bottom for greater comfort when reclining and an adjustable headrest;
- In-seat universal A/C power outlets for customers to charge their devices;
- Additional in-seat storage, including two seatback pockets and side stowage for laptops and tablets;
- Dedicated beverage holders; and
- Granite cocktail tables.
Here are some photos of the new seat that United provided. You can find the full press release here.
I actually think the current United domestic first class seats are decent, especially when compared to US Airways. With that said, it seems like the new storage options and much larger cocktail table are definitely an improvement. Hopefully these new seats are just as comfortable as the old ones, since that is the most important thing to me.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.