Join over 5,000 people who are subscribed to receive a once daily email with all of our posts. Never miss out! Click here to subscribe.
Want more info? Come join our Travel Hacking & Reselling Facebook communities to get the answers!
United MileagePlus Shopping Summer Bonus
A few times a year the various airline mileage portals run bonus promotions. Generally we see some sort of promotion for back to school and another one leading up to the holidays. Today, United announced a summer promotion too. Let’s take a look.
Spend $250 through the United MileagePlus shopping portal and earn 1,000 bonus award miles.
- Promotion runs from May 30, 2016 through June 5, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm ET
- Member will receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 bonus award miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard miles earned from shopping online through MileagePlus® Shopping.
- Bonus miles will be issued based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: 1,000 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $250 or more.
- Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus award miles eligibility calculation; please see the MileagePlus Shopping site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
- The maximum number of bonus award miles that will be awarded to an eligible MileagePlus Shopping account through the “Spring” bonus campaign is 1,000 bonus award miles.
Since the spending threshold is relatively low, I suspect many of you will be able to get the bonus miles. Remember you get the 1,000 miles in addition to what you earn for the actual purchase. The true key to maximizing is finding a merchant that pays competitively through this portal so you are earning nicely on the purchase and cashing in on the bonus.
Will Other Portals Join?
All of the major mileage portals are run by Cartera, but I don’t see a similar promotion from Delta, American, Alaska or Southwest. Maybe the United bonus is the first to come and we will see others surface later. Either way, I love shopping portal bonuses since they are generally easy to trigger and enhance the value of my rebate towards purchases. Happy shopping!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.