Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
10% American Airlines Rebate Is Not Ending For Some
I have been talking about one of the best airline credit card perks coming to an end today, the 10% rebate on American Airlines award bookings. It appears that maybe only some of us are now missing out on this perk. It had been reported that the rebate would end on May 1st. It appears that is the case for Citi American Airlines cardholders only.
A few readers commented on my post that their letter from Barclays had a different date on it than May 1st. Reader maxraxstax said his was expiring August 1st and reader Adam said his letter had a date of November 1st.
Adam was kind enough to send me a copy of his letter with the changes on it for his Aviator Red card. It said the following:
- On May 1, 2019 the $100 flight discount would be discontinued – but you can still earn it after spending $30,000 before your next anniversary date. (No Thanks!)
- As of November 1, 2019 you will no longer receive 10% of your redeemed miles back.
- As of January 1, 2020 you will no longer be able to earn elite qualifying dollars via credit card spend.
The following perks will be added:
- Earn a $99 companion certificate when spending $20,000 during your cardmember anniversary.
- $25 per year in WiFi credits
- Flight cents program
They also increased the annual fee to $99 with these “enhancements”.
I am not sure why people are seeing different end dates for the 10% redeemed miles back perk. Maybe it has to do with their cardmember anniversary date? If you have a Barclays Aviator Red card you may want to reach out and see when the perk ends for your account. Enjoy that 10% rebate while it lasts and be sure to max it out!
Big Thanks to Reader Adam L.!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.