It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
Wyndham Rewards SPG Match Promotion
Well, this is an interesting deal, but not necessarily a good one. For today only Wyndham wants to offer you 4X of their points for every SPG point in your account plus a status match, but there is a catch. Let’s take a look.
- On Tuesday, October 11 from 12p.m. – 11:59p.m. EST, SPG members have the historic opportunity to donate their points to charity in exchange for 4x the points with Wyndham Rewards – plus a status match.
How It Works
- To participate, members simply need to donate their entire SPG point balance to their preferred charity, and then send proof of their donation to Wyndham Rewards by sending screen shots to email@example.com.
- Two screen shots are required – one showing confirmation of the point donation and a second showing the member’s account activity page with a zero balance.
- There is no cap on how many points members may donate or earn. Members may expect to receive the points and match within 10 days.
Need to Know
- Preferred = Blue
- Gold = Platinum
- Platinum = Diamond
- Donations are NOT tax deductible
- All Wyndham redemptions are 15,000 points per night
You can find the full details and terms of the offer here.
Wyndham now has mostly low-end properties, which means your ability to get a good value for your points will be limited. Additionally, you are required to donate all of your SPG points which can hurt. Still, 3,750 SPG points for a stay at some higher end Wyndham properties is a deal, especially if you consider the status match.
With all of that said, unless you are invested in the Wyndham program and/or have a planned use for the points, I don’t see this as a good deal. SPG/Marriott have a ton of properties to use your points at plus with the new reciprocal benefits there are a lot of good value options to consider. While I like charity, I won’t be jumping ship for this promotion.
This deal will make sense for some people who can make use of select Wyndham properties and elite status, but I suspect the key demographics of SPG and Wyndham members are generally quite different. Are you planning to donate your SPG points to take advantage of this offer or do you think it is a dud?
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.