$300 Bonus for Amex Blue Cash Preferred, Available Through Referrals
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card was updated with new bonus categories. It was also announced that the signup bonus would go up to $250. And it did, yesterday. But through referrals, you can do even better. You can earn a $300 signup bonus instead. Let’s check the details.
Earn $300 Back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive the $300 back in the form of a statement credit.
Annual fee $95.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions [NEW]
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares [NEW]
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases (Cash Back is earned in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for a statement credit)
- New eligible Card Members who apply and are approved on or after May 9, 2019, will receive a welcome bonus of $250 back after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership (received in the form of a statement credit)
Card Members who applied and were approved for the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card before May 9, 2019, will continue to receive 3% Cash Back at select U.S. department stores until July 31, 2019.
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card now has two new bonus categories. You earn 6% Cash Back on streaming subscriptions and 3% cash back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares. That’s in addition to the 6% cash back on $6,000 in purchases annually at U.S. supermarkets.
The $300 bonus is good, but not the best we have seen. The highest ever offer is $450. If you want the card though, it could still be a good bonus when stacked with a referral bonus. Referrals can earn you as much as 15K or 20K Membership Rewards points.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.