Learn how to maximize your points & miles! Join the MtM Community!
$300 Chase Savings Bonus
Over the past few years Chase has been the most generous of the big banks with bonuses for opening up checking/savings accounts. One drawback has been the fact that some of these bonuses are available in-branch only. But now there’s a public bonus for $300 for new savings accounts that can be done online.
Apply online now or enter your email address to get your coupon and bring it to any Chase branch.
- Open a new Chase Savings account by January 16, 2018
- Deposit $25,000 or more in new money within 10 business days
- Maintain a $25,000 balance for 90 days.
- Expiration Date: 1/16/2018
- Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- For savings bonus, deposit a total of $25,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 10 business days of account opening and maintain at least a $25,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- If savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
Getting the Offer
Normally offers like this one are targeted, either by mail or email. You can also purchases these coupons on eBay. However with this public link anyone can generate a unique coupon code to open account in-branch or just open it online. It’s probably best to do this now, just in case the offer gets pulled earlier as it’s been the case on few occasions.
Chase Savings has a $5 fee per month. You can avoid the fee in the following ways:
- $300 or more minimum daily balance
- or at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your personal Chase checking account (available only through Chase Online Banking)
- or when linked to a Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client Checking account
The good thing about this bonus is that anyone can apply since it’s available online. It is a bit different from the usual Savings bonus that we see from Chase that is currently available as well. That’s a $200 bonus for a $15K deposit (in-branch only), while this one is a $300 bonus for a $25K deposit. You get a bigger bonus, but percentage wise it is a bit lower.
Keep in mind that you WILL receive a 1099-INT for these bank bonuses and thus you will be taxed.
If you aren’t a current Chase savings customer then this is about as good as it gets when it comes to bank bonuses. While the deposit requirement is a bit high, I think it’s still worth it if you have $25,000 to leave in the savings account for three months. If you’re undecided, get the coupon now anyway and then decide if it makes sense for you. You can do this bonus once a year, and you must not have had a Chase account in last 90 days.
HT: Doctor of Credit
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.