Two $500+ Bank Account Bonuses From Citizens & Fifth Third Bank
I recently stumbled across two pretty lucrative bank account bonuses. Well I should say one was mailed to me and I got the other one in my weekly coupon package from Valpak. Let’s take a look at the offers.
This bonus was sent to my wife via regular mail. We have had Citizens Bank accounts in the past for their nice new member bonuses so I am not sure if this is an attempt to get us back or just random. But I did some searching and it looks like it is publicly available too.
Here are the details:
- Get $300 when you open a new One Deposit Checking from Citizens Bank or Citizens Bank Platinum Checking and make a direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days.
- Earn an additional $200 bonus when you add a savings account with a minimum of $15,000 not currently on deposit with Citizens Bank and maintain that balance for 3 months.
- Get $100 more if you do both for a total of $600.
- One Deposit Checking has a $9.99 fee which is waived with any deposit each month.
- Has to have been 6 months since you had a Citizens Bank checking or savings account.
- Offer ends 12/26/19
Here is a chart showing when the bonuses should be paid.
Fifth Third Bank
The second offer I found in my weekly Valpak coupon pack that is sent to my house every week. So check your coupon packs if you get those or maybe pick up a moving into the neighborhood packet from your local USPS. They don’t ask for any type of proof for this by the way and sometimes there are goodies in there.
Here are the details of my offer:
- Get $250 when opening a Fifth Third checking account and depositing $250+ within 45 days. You have to maintain a $250 balance for 60 days.
- Get another $300 when you deposit $20,000 into a savings account. Must maintain that balance for 90 days.
There is also a public offer that is just for $50 less overall. The terms are the same but the savings bonus is only for $250 instead of $300.
I know both of these banks are very large regional banks. Each one is in around 10 states and hopefully you fall into one of the states for either offer (or both). If you do they are pretty lucrative offers. They compare with the Chase $600 public bonus offers although some are being targeted for $900 offers.