Fee-Free Visa Gift Cards for AAA Members
AAA is again offering fee-free Visa gift cards for their members. They usually do this a couple of times a year.
For a limited time from May 1st 2017 to June 30th 2017, Members can enjoy Visa Gift Cards without the gift card fee! These are pin-enabled Visa Gift Cards.
- Must be an AAA member
- Offer available from 5/1/17/6/30/17
The offer is showing up at Mid-Atlantic AAA website, which includes the following areas:
- Delaware – entire state
- Pennsylvania – Columbia, Delaware, Luzerne, Montour, Philadelphia, portions of Bucks, Chester, Carbon, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties
- Maryland – entire state
- New Jersey – Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren counties.
- Virginia – Northern, Shenandoah Valley, Central and Southern regions
- Washington D.C. – entire District
But they could be available in other regions as well. So check your local AAA website to see if they have the offer and then find the nearest office. Let us know if you see it anywhere else.
How to Liquidate
These are PIN enabled Visa Gift Cards issued by Metabank and can be loaded with $10 to $500. Read more about gift card liquidating methods here.
These cards are registered to your name at time of purchase, most likely to keep track of the volume. There’s is no set limit but AAA has been knowing to be shutting people down lately but I’m not sure what really is a safe amount to purchase. I would suggest you liquidate these right away to avoid problems, because if you’re shut down, the balance on the gift card could be frozen.
This is a good opportunity for AAA members to score some fee-free credit card spending whether for meeting minimum spend requirements or racking up some points and miles. Make sure you have option for liquidating and do it as quick as possible.
HT: Doctor of Credit