Amazon Amex Offer Registering New Card
A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the American Express Gold card 50,000 bonus point offer that is only available via referrals. Strangely my authorized user cards showed up a full 10 days before the main card and I began using them. Only recently did I finally receive the main card and register it online.
While registering the card (americanexpress.com/confirmcard) I stumbled across an awesome new offer that I thought was worth sharing. Let’s take a look.
Enroll your eligible American Express Card and get 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time when you spend $50+ in one or more transactions using your enrolled Card at Amazon.com by 12/31/2018.
- By enrolling and making an eligible purchase, you consent to American Express sharing with Amazon the fact that you redeemed this Amex Offer.
- Amazon’s use of this information will be subject to Amazon’s privacy policies and practices. Enrollment is limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and use the same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Offer valid only for purchases made at Amazon.com and via the US Amazon mobile app using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 12/31/2018.
- Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
- Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com.
Need to Know
This offer showed up once before during the Mercedes Benz Platinum registration process, but it seems to be working again for me on the Gold card. It is worth trying again even if you already loaded the card. You will find it on the last registration screen in the middle box as shown below.
Considering I value 2,000 points at about $30, this is a great deal. After getting the offer I immediately bought a $50 Amazon gift card so I wouldn’t forget. While Amex Offer emails don’t seem to be working right now, I expect I’ll receive the points just as I have during past Amazon Amex Offer promotions.
While it can be tempting to quickly click through screens when registering a new card, it sometimes pays to look and see what you are being offered. In this case it’s another couple of thousand easy points on top of the 50K I’ll earn through the sign-up bonus. I’ll take it.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.