Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Upgrade to the Amex Gold Card with a 40K Bonus
American Express is targeting some current cardholders with an offer to earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points for upgrading to the Gold card. The offer is showing on the Green card, under the Amex Offers section.
Upgrade to the American Express Gold Card and earn 40,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Annual fee of $250.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- A new $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- $100 airline fee credit: up to $100 in statement credits per year for incidental expenses like baggage fees at one selected airline
- The Hotel Collection: Gold Card Members get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at hotels in the collection
- Personalized Travel Service: provides access to a team of Travel Professionals who can help with travel bookings and vacation packages across air, hotels, transportation, cruise and tour
A good offer that will earn you 40,000 Membership Rewards points for upgrading to the Gold card. That’s just 10,000 points short of the current signup bonus. By upgrading you also miss out on a referral bonus, but you save yourself a hard pull. It also gives you the opportunity to get the bonus once again if you already had the card in the past.
Let us know if you were targeted.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.