American AAdvantage Shopping Back to School Bonus
Given that this year these promotions have launched on staggered dates, you are probably tired of reading about how much I like mileage portal promotions, but I do! As a reminder, I have already covered United’s 2K Back to School bonus, Alaska’s 1,500 miles bonus and Southwest’s 2,500 bonus. Now, American AAdvantage is running a promotion of their own!
- 700 bonus miles when you spend $350
- 1,500 bonus miles when you spend $750
- “Back to School” bonus offer runs from 08/03/16 through 08/21/16 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”).
- During the “Bonus Period” Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,500 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
You can find the full details and terms here.
Which Airline to Choose?
Alaska, United and American all pay 2X bonus miles at their various tiers. For that reason, I am participating based on how I rank those miles. For me that is Alaska, then United and then American. On the Southwest front, I personally have a lot of points already and the payout is 1.67X at best, so I am prioritizing it last, but the ability to get bonus points towards a companion pass will definitely be attractive to some.
At this point the only major mileage portal run by Cartera without a back to school promotion is Delta SkyMiles Shopping. Given how they have staggered these promotions this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them release a promotion in a day or two and then you get to read once again about how much I love all of this. 🙂 Happy shopping!
What do you think? Which airline bonus are you going for first?