American Express Business Gold Card, A Revamped Card with No Points Bonus
We wrote yesterday about the possibility of the new revamped Amex Business Gold credit card being released today. While the rumors were confirmed, there’s really no reason to grab that card for now. Yes, earning is a bit better, but there’s nothing else.
American Express Business Gold Card
The card has the following signup bonus:
- Get up to 1 year free of G Suite Basic for 3 users and up to 1 year free of ZipRecruiter Standard in the form of statement credits for purchases on the Card in your first 12 months of Card membership. That’s a combined value of up to $3,188 when you sign up for both subscriptions.
Yup, that’s it. No Membership Rewards for signing up for this new business credit card. Most people will probably stop reading here, but if you’ve been waiting for free G Suite Basic and ZipRecruiter, then continue reading below for the other perks this card offers.
Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 categories where your business spent the most each billing cycle from the list below.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
(online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware,
software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
4X points applies to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year Then earn 1 point per dollar.
- Get 25% points back after you use Pay With Points for all or part of a flight booked with American Express Travel if the flight is either on your selected qualifying airline or First or Business class, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
- Pay Over Time feature. Gives you the option to carry a balance with interest on purchases of $100 or more.
The card has good earning rates with 4X on two categories of your choice, such as gas stations, airfare, shipping etc. But there’s really not much besides that. The card has no signup bonus and comes with a $295 annual fee. Hopefully we see a bonus in the future. Otherwise, we will not hear much about the new American Express Business Gold Card. If you want to apply, here a direct link to the application page.