Targeted Bonuses for Adding Authorized Users to Amex Cards
American Express has brought back a generous offer for adding Authorized Users to credit card accounts. These offers are sent by mail, email or show up online when you log into your accounts. Let’s take a look at the offers.
- Earn up to 20,000 Bonus Points: Each Additional Card Member added through this offer can earn you 5,000 bonus points after they spend $500 in purchases on their Card in their first 3 months. Limit of 4 bonus offers. Offer expires on November 30th, 2019.
- Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn a $25 statement credit after they spend $250 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit four $25 statement credits). Offer ends August 31st, 2019.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes required purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
Great offer, especially for the Platinum Card, as it gives you 10X MR points up to 20,000 MR points total. The only issue here is that you need to add Authorized Users and that would show up as another credit card on that person’s credit report. If that’s not a problem and you were targeted, then it is definitely worth it.
I would suggest completing spending requirement with organic spend. American Express has been getting much tougher on bonuses and rewards earned with cash equivalent purchases.
Please let us know if you were targeted for these or any other cards.