Amex Business Gold – Anyone Wants this $500 Bonus?
The Amex Business Gold card was revamped last year. It was improved with 4X categories, but there was no sign up bonus with the public offer. That changed later, with an offer of 50,000 Membership Rewards points through referrals. Now American Express has added a new public bonus, but this one is a head-scratcher. Let’s see if it convinces anyone to apply.
Earn up to $500 back in the form of statement credits by purchasing qualifying services with FedEx using your American Express® Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card membership. Limited time offer ends 11/06/2019.
Get 4X Membership Rewards points on the 2 categories where your business spent the most each billing cycle from the list below.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
(online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware,
software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
4X points applies to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year Then earn 1 point per dollar.
- Get 25% points back after you use Pay With Points for all or part of a flight booked with American Express Travel if the flight is either on your selected qualifying airline or First or Business class, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
- Pay Over Time feature. Gives you the option to carry a balance with interest on purchases of $100 or more.
The card is a good option for businesses. But this new bonus will probably make only a handful of people happy. Yes, the spending requirement is only $500 for a $500 bonus, but all that spending has to be at FedEx.
If you have a lot of FedEx expenses, I guess this is your chance. Otherwise, look into applying through a referral to get a better bonus. But stay away from self referrals.