Amex Business Platinum Targeted Spending Offer
Out of all of the major banks, no one does targeted offers better than Amex. Over the past few years I have enjoyed many lucrative deals courtesy of Amex, but perhaps none as good as this targeted offer for business Platinum cardholders. Let’s take a look.
Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 10,000 points when you spend an additional $5,000 all on qualifying purchases on your Card from July 15 to October 15.
- To be eligible to earn the Membership Rewards points associated with the offer, you must be the named recipient on this invitation.
- The offer consists of two tiers (the two tiers, collectively, the “Offer”), each of which are subject to the terms and conditions described herein.
- First Tier: Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least $5,000 (the “First Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases* between 07/15/17 through 10/15/17 (the “Offer Period”);
- Second Tier: Earn an additional 10,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least an additional $5,000 (the “Second Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases* during the Offer Period.
- Purchases may fall outside the Offer Period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).
- Qualifying purchases are purchases for goods and services. Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
How to Find
I have a Business Platinum card, but wasn’t targeted unfortunately. With that said, I know of several people who received the offer including MtM Contributor PDX Deals Guy. Those who receive the offer are automatically enrolled. Look for an email with the subject, “(First Name), earn 50,000 extra points with your Business Platinum Card(R)”.
This is an amazing deal and one that has me incredibly jealous. The first tier effectively means you will earn 9X on $5,000 in purchases (8X bonus + 1X normal spend). While the second tier isn’t quite as good, it still delivers 3X earnings. This truly is a fantastic offer for those who receive it.
In some ways this offers almost feels like a sign-up bonus for a new credit card. Those who receive it will probably want to make sure to meet at least the first $5K in spend and probably will want to hit the second tier too.
Did you receive this incredibly lucrative Amex Business Platinum targeted spending offer? Let us know (rub it in) in the comments!