It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
Amex Credit Card Offers Incognito 2017
Amex has tightened up their bonus rules on cards over the past couple of years which makes it more important now than ever to get the best bonus possible. One of the ways to do that is the occasional increased offer via incognito. From time to time Amex targets certain users with increased offers when you visit their site.
Doctor of Credit is reporting that many increased offers are now showing….sometimes. According to DoC, here are the potential offers you might find:
- Blue Cash Everyday – $250 (Tied Best Ever)
- Blue Cash Preferred – $250 (Tied Best Ever)
- Amex EveryDay – 25,000 Points (Tied Best Ever)
- AmEx Everyday Preferred – 30,000 Points (Tied Best Ever)
- American Express Green Card – 25,000 Points (Tied Best Ever I Believe)
- Gold Card from American Express – 25,000 Points (Tied Best Ever I Believe)
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 50,000 Points (Best Ever is 40K+25K 2nd year)
- Starwood Preferred Guest – 30,000 Points (Best Ever is 35K)
- American Express Personal Platinum – 75,000 Points (Best Ever is 100K)
You can see in parentheses how these offers compare to what I believe is the best ever publicly available offer on these cards.
How This Works
To get these offers to show, visit the American Express website in private/incognito mode. Once on the Amex site, browse to a specific card. Once you find an increased offer on one card, you can go to the “All Cards” section to possibly see more. You can also copy and paste the URL of a specific card if you want to keep trying directly to get an increased offer for it.
If you are having trouble getting an increased offer to show up, try different devices and browsers. The comments in the Doctor of Credit article above have some data points as to what has been working for some people. Sometimes trying again a bit later on the same device works as well. There is often no rhyme or reason.
While this isn’t the craziest deal in the world, being able to get the best bonus possible for an Amex card is important due to their once per lifetime restrictions. It does seem that the targeting is a bit tighter than it has been in the past, but if you really want a card and try hard enough, you might be able to score one of the offers above.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.