Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
American Express Pay Over Time 10K
American Express is once again sending out a targeted promotion to holders of their various charge cards offering 10,000 Membership Rewards points for enrolling in their Extended Payment Option. Back in May I covered a similar deal where I was targeted on both my Business Platinum card and a Business Green Card. At that time I signed up on both cards and received 20K points within a few days.
Yesterday I received a similar offer on my personal Platinum card. Once again I clicked through from the email, signed up and was immediately approved. I should be receiving another 10K points, for a total of 30K over the course of just a few months! Here are some basics of the deal.
Enroll in the Extended Payment Option, which gives you the flexibility to carry a balance or pay in full each month. If you are approved, you could get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points.
How to Enroll
This is a targeted offer. You should receive an email with a link or it may be under the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section on the American Express website. You can see an example of what it looked like when I was targeted under Amex Offers in my post from May.
- Offer expires August 15, 2016.
- The Extended Payment Option is one of the Pay Over Time features we may offer.
- Not all Card Members are eligible to use Pay Over Time features. Requests to pay over time are approved based on several factors including account history, current account status and credit record at time of request.
- Upon enrollment in Extended Payment Option, we will assess your current Pay Over Time Limit, which may be set starting at $10,000.
- There is no fee to enroll and you will continue to enjoy all of the benefits of your Card.
Conclusion & Analysis
In my opinion this is a no-brainer offer if you are targeted. I value 10K points at about $150 and I never carry a balance anyway, so this is a freebie to me. Keep in mind that the interest rate isn’t favorable and if you carry a balance you will lose out on any value very quickly.
Were you targeted? Did you apply and were you approved? Share your experiences in the comments!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.