Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Earn 20K Bonus Points When You Add Authorized to Amex Platinum Card
American Express has brought back a generous offer for adding authorized users on the personal Platinum card. Let’s take a look at the offers.
Check Here to see if you are targeted for the 100K Platinum offer
Amex Platinum Offer
Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn 5,000 Membership Rewards® points after they spend $500 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit 20,000 Membership Rewards® points). Offer ends July 14th, 2019.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Both Additional Gold Cards and Additional Platinum Cards are eligible for this offer.
- The 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes $500 in purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
This is a great offer, as it gives you 10X MR points up to 20,000 MR points total for spending on authorized user cards. You have the option of adding additional Platinum cards at $175 for three of them or just Gold Cards for free. The only issue here is that you need to add Authorized Users and that would show up as another credit card on that person’s credit report. If that’s not a problem and you were targeted, then it is definitely worth it.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.