Earn 20K Membership Rewards Points When You Add Authorized to Amex Platinum Card
American Express has brought back a generous offer for adding Authorized Users on the personal Platinum card. The same offer previously expired on October 20th but it’s showing up again without an expiration date. Let’s take a look at the offers.
Amex Platinum Offer
Earn up to 20,000 Bonus Points: Each Additional Card Member added through this offer can earn you 5,000 bonus points after they spend $500 in purchases on their Card in their first 3 months. Limit of 4 bonus offers.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Both Additional Gold Cards and Additional Platinum Cards are eligible for this offer.
- The 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes $500 in purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
This is a great offer, as it gives you 10X MR points up to 20,000 MR points total. You have the option of adding additional Platinum cards at $175 for three of them or just Gold Cards for free. The only issue here is that you need to add Authorized Users and that would show up as another credit card on that person’s credit report. If that’s not a problem and you were targeted, then it is definitely worth it. Check the Amex Offers section on your account, and hopefully you see it there.
You might want to also check your PRG account as the same offer showed up on those cards last time.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.