New Amex Offer, Save on Hotel Bookings Through AmexTravel
There’s a new targeted Amex Offer that can save you over 16% on hotels booked through the AmexTravel website. I saw the offer on my personal Platinum and Old Blue Cash cards.
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com by 10/12/2018.
- Valid only for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com.
- Offer not valid at American Express Travel offices.
- Offer not valid for Car or Cruise bookings.
- Offer not valid for the flight portion of a flight+hotel package.
- Valid only on US website.
This is a decent offer for paid hotel stays, especially if you have the offer on your Amex Platinum cards that earn 5x points on AmexTravel bookings. That would give you an extra 3,000+ MR Points on your booking.
There are some downsides with booking through AmexTravel however. Status is not usually recognized and you don’t earn stay credits. It could be more useful for non-chain hotels, but even then compare prices with online travel agencies to make sure you are getting the best deal.