Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Banana Republic 5X Uncapped Offer
A few years ago someone told me about the Banana Republic Visa card and its spending offers. Despite it not having a bonus (well actually it had a hidden bonus), I signed up for the card and haven’t looked back.
Over the years I have received some very decent spending offers, but recently they have been capped. While it has been nice to generate some “free clothes”, the usefulness of those offers has been limited. That is until now. The other day I received an email with a new Q4 offer that is pretty amazing.
Earn 5X points on groceries, travel and dining + 100 points ($1) each day on purchases outside of our brands.
- Qualifying purchases for the 5X groceries, dining, and travel points offer made with your Banana Republic Visa Card between October 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 will earn five (5) points per dollar spent, and posted to your Banana Republic Visa Card account by December 31, 2017.
- You will also receive 100 bonus Reward Points each day (limit of 1 per day) you make a qualifying purchase outside of Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, and Athleta stores and websites with your Banana Republic Visa Card, October 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
- Transactions within other establishments (i.e., supercenters or warehouse clubs) may not apply.
- We do not evaluate whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions; however, we do reserve the right to determine which transactions qualify.
- Account must remain open, in good standing, and not become delinquent.
- Allow up to two billing cycles from offer end date for bonus points to post to your account.
While the dining and travel are interesting, the grocery bonus is what is catching my eye. The 4th Quarter is a FANTASTIC time to purchase gift cards at grocery stores and I expect I’ll have a lot of opportunity to earn 5% back. While I do have other cards with a nice grocery bonus, they are all capped so this will be a good way to ramp up my spending even higher.
While this card only earns rewards that can be used at Gap brands, the ability to earn 5X points uncapped is something you don’t see everyday. Add to that the fact that we are going into a season where there is always a ton of low hanging fruit deals and you have a winner in terms of offers.
Did you receive a 4th quarter spending offer on this card? Let us know in the comments!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.